Elbow Pain Treatment in Omaha
At Kosak Chiropractic and Acupuncture, we are proud to provide everyone with exceptional treatment from a trained chiropractor. This includes elbow pain treatment. There are numerous causes of elbow pain which is why we take the time to listen to the questions and concerns of our patients. If you are looking for an elbow pain doctor who can help you recover from this condition in a quick, comprehensive, and sustainable way, then look no further than Kosak Chiropractic and Acupuncture. Learn more about how we can help you below!
An Overview of Elbow Pain
Elbow pain is discomfort that develops in the hinge joint that connects the upper arm to the lower arm. Elbow pain can present in a variety of ways; however, there are two broad types of elbow pain. The first is called acute elbow pain that tends to arise following an injury of some sort. This could take place while playing sports, following a car accident, or even following a simple slip and fall injury.
The other type of elbow pain is called chronic elbow pain. This is a condition that develops over a prolonged period of time. It tends to show up due to a long-lasting injury or a chronic medical condition. Regardless, it is important to make sure that everyone understands some of the most common reasons why elbow pain shows up.
The Common Causes & Symptoms of Elbow Pain
At Kosak Chiropractic and Acupuncture, there are several common reasons why people come to see us for elbow pain. These include:
- Lateral Epicondylitis: Also called tennis elbow, this is a condition that develops following inflammation that takes place in the lateral epicondyle of the elbow, which is located on the outside of the joint. This condition develops due to the repetitive loading that takes place while swinging a tennis racket. It leads to a dull, aching pain on the outside of the elbow.
- Medial Epicondylitis: Also called golfer’s elbow, this condition develops following inflammation that takes place in the medial epicondyle of the elbow, which is located on the inside of the joint. This condition develops because of the repetitive loading that takes place while swinging a golf club and leads to an aching pain on the inside of the elbow.
- Muscle Strains: This is another common cause of elbow pain. If the muscles in the elbow are strained, then this can lead to pain and weakness that makes it hard to use the forearm.
- Bursitis: The elbow joint itself is protected by a liquid sac that cushions the bones, muscles, and cartilage. If this sac becomes inflamed, this can lead to bursitis. This can lead to pain that gets worse while moving the elbow in addition to a restricted range of motion due to swelling.
- UCL Sprain: This is a sprain of the ulnar collateral ligament, commonly known as the UCL. This is common in people who play baseball and could lead to a UCL tear if not treated properly.
Elbow Pain Treatment Options
There are several options for the treatment of elbow pain. These include:
- Chiropractic Care: A trained chiropractor can take a look at the elbow and identify the root cause of the pain. Then, he or she can tailor the treatment plan to meet the needs of the patient. This could include adjustments and manipulations to free ligaments, relax muscles, and place the elbow in a position to recover completely.
- Acupuncture: Another component of the treatment plan could be acupuncture. Acupuncture is used to control the flow of signals between the elbow and the brain. Specific acupuncture points can be stimulated to reduce pain, relax the muscles, and help the elbow calm down following an injury.
These are just a few of the components of a treatment plan that we might employ. If you are looking for an elbow pain doctor, then look no further than us!
Contact The Best Elbow Pain Doctor in Omaha Today!
If you are looking for a chiropractic provider who can provide you with the care that you deserve, then contact Kosak Chiropractic and Acupuncture today. We will address all facets of your elbow pain. Make an appointment with our team by calling 964-0300!