Leg Pain Treatment in Omaha
Many people do not realize just how much they use their legs over the course of the day. When leg pain starts to arise, this can lead to severe quality of life issues. Therefore, it is important for everyone with leg pain to know that professional treatment options are available. At Kosak Chiropractic, we are here to help you with leg pain. Take a look at how we can help you with leg pain below!
The Types of Leg Pain
In general, there are two broad categories of leg pain. These include:
- Acute Leg Pain: Acute leg pain is leg pain that develops immediately. For example, some people might develop leg pain following a car accident. Other people might develop leg pain following an injury that takes place during sports. Acute leg pain usually develops suddenly and without warning.
- Chronic Leg Pain: Chronic leg pain usually develops over the course of weeks to months or even years. Some people deal with chronic leg pain for the rest of their lives. Therefore, chronic leg pain usually starts gradually and builds over time.
The differences between acute and chronic leg pain can help medical professionals diagnose the cause of that patient’s leg pain.
What Causes Leg Pain?
There are a number of common causes of leg pain. These include:
- Ligament sprains that might take place in the knees or ankles
- Muscle strains such as those involving the calf muscles, quadricep muscles, hamstrings, or hip flexors
- Nerve injuries such as sciatica can cause shooting pains that leave the back and travel down one or both legs
- Stress fractures that could take place in the femur, the tibia, the fibula, or one of the many bones in the feet
- Patellofemoral pain syndrome, which usually gets worse when people try to walk up the stairs
These are just a few of the most common causes of leg pain. In order for leg pain to be treated properly, it has to be diagnosed correctly.
When Should I Be Concerned About Leg Pain?
There are some situations where people try to work through leg pain. For example, some degree of soreness is normal after an athletic workout or a competitive match. On the other hand, some types of leg pain should be addressed immediately. Anyone who is having trouble bearing weight on one or more of their legs or is dealing with a restricted range of motion in the leg has to seek medical care immediately. Furthermore, pain that gets worse over time also has to be addressed by a trained leg pain doctor or leg pain chiropractor.
Options for Leg Pain Treatment
When it comes to leg pain treatment, a lot of people think that they are going to have to have surgery in order to correct this issue. Fortunately, this is not always the case. Some of the alternative treatment options that might prove helpful include:
- Chiropractic Care: Chiropractic care is designed to help people recover from leg pain using manual therapy. Using adjustments and manipulations targeting the spine, joints, and ligaments, it is possible to help people recover from leg pain without requiring prescription medication.
- Acupuncture: Pain comes from nerve signals that travel from the leg back to the brain. Acupuncture is designed to target specific points involving nerves that could be communicating pain signals. By helping these nerves relax, it is possible to help people feel more comfortable.
These are just a few of the treatment options that we can use to help you recover from leg pain. Our goal is to tailor our services to help you develop a comprehensive leg pain treatment plan that will help you recover.
Rely on Kosak Chiropractic for the Best Leg Pain Doctor in Omaha
If you are looking for leg pain treatment in the local area, then look no further than Kosak Chiropractic. At Kosak Chiropractic, our goal is to make sure that everyone has access to a professional leg pain chiropractor. We provide a wide variety of treatment options including chiropractic care, acupuncture, pediatric care, and injury recovery. We would be happy to help you with your leg pain treatment. Contact us today at (402) 718-9579 to make an appointment with a member of our team!