Shoulder Pain Causes & Relief
At Kosak Chiropractic, there are a number of reasons why our patients come to see us. One of the most common issues that we see in our office is shoulder pain. When someone suffers from shoulder pain, this can make it hard to lift objects, reach high cabinets, play sports, and even drive a car. For this reason, it is important for everyone looking for shoulder pain relief in Omaha to know about some of the most common causes of shoulder pain as well as shoulder pain treatment options.
The Causes and Symptoms of Shoulder Pain
If someone is suffering from shoulder pain, there are a number of possible causes. Some of the most common causes of shoulder discomfort include:
Pinched Nerve: Also called shoulder impingement, a pinched nerve arises when one or more of the nerves that pass through the shoulder gets pinched between the bones and muscles that make up the shoulder. If someone has shoulder impingement, this usually results in shooting pains that travel down the arm.
Rotator Cuff Injuries: A rotator cuff injury involves one or more of the muscles that make up the shoulder. These muscles are located near the scapula at the back of the shoulder. The most commonly injured muscle is the supraspinatus. This shoulder issue is normally caused by overuse in sports such as baseball and swimming. Rotator cuff injuries result in severe shoulder pain when lifting arm.
Bursitis: Bursitis is another shoulder issue that results from overuse. This leads to irritation of the lining of the shoulder. It can lead to pain and swelling, including shoulder pain when lifting arm.
Frozen Shoulder: Also called adhesive capsulitis, this is a medical condition that causes the shoulder to feel like it is “sticking.” People who suffer this injury will also have significant issues lifting the shoulder above the head.
Regardless of why someone might have shoulder pain, it is important to note that there are treatment options available.
Shoulder Pain Treatment Options
If someone is looking for shoulder pain treatment, they might assume they are going to need shoulder surgery. Fortunately, this is not always the case. There are a few options for shoulder and rotator cuff treatment. These include:
- Rest and Ice: Sometimes, all anyone needs to make a complete recovery is rest and ice. By giving the shoulder time to recover, the symptoms might subside. Of course, there are more active shoulder and rotator cuff treatment options available.
- Acupuncture: Acupuncture is a unique treatment option that uses needles to target areas of pain and inflammation. A trained therapist can use needles to stimulate certain muscles and nerves, impacting the flow of nerve signals and circulation to facilitate the recovery process.
- Chiropractic Care: Of course, chiropractic care is always an option. A chiropractor can look at the neck, back, and shoulder, ensuring that the body’s ligaments, tendons, and bones are in the proper positions to facilitate a full recovery.
The Benefits of Chiropractic Care for Shoulder Pain
When someone relies on a chiropractor for shoulder pain relief in Omaha, there are a few benefits that are going to become apparent. These include:
- A chiropractor is going to take the time to get to the root of the problem, helping someone not only get better but stay healthy
- Chiropractic care can keep someone away from prescription medications and the operating room, limiting side effects and complications
- Chiropractors focus on helping the body recover naturally, facilitating the regeneration of native tissue instead of the formation of scar tissue
Focus on the well-rounded treatment approach of a chiropractor for shoulder pain treatment.
Trust a Compassionate Shoulder Pain Chiropractor
At Kosak Chiropractic and Acupuncture, our providers will comprehensively address any shoulder pain issue. If you need a chiropractor in Omaha, Nebraska call us today at (402)-964-0300 At Kosak Chiropractic and Acupuncture we are here to help your entire family with your healthcare needs!