Welcome to Kosak Chiropractic and Acupuncture, Your Trusted Chiropractor in Omaha NE
On behalf of our entire health and wellness team, we're delighted that you've chosen to visit the official website for Kosak Chiropractic and Acupuncture, your trusted chiropractor in Omaha NE. Our all-natural, state-of-the-art techniques can address a wide range of needs, from auto accident injury care and longstanding chronic conditions to preventative wellness for all ages. We hope that you'll take the time to learn more about us through this website -- and that you'll schedule an initial visit so we can impress you even more!
Meet Your New Omaha Chiropractor
Kosak Chiropractic and Acupuncture was co-founded by Dr. Kevin Kosak and his wife, Dr. Heidi (Hinze) Kosak. In addition to his Doctorate of Chiropractic from Northwestern Health Sciences University, Dr. Kosak also holds a certification in acupuncture from the Acupuncture Society of America. This pair of disciplines enables him to provide natural healing and pain management services for all kinds of patients, from babies and expectant mothers to school-aged kids and seniors. Dr. Kosak is also a member of the American Chiropractic Association, the Nebraska Chiropractic Physicians Association, SecureCare, and Pinnacle Management. You and your loved ones will appreciate the combination of skill, experience, and compassionate care you receive from our practitioner.
How Chiropractors Help Individuals and Families
If you have no previous experience with chiropractors, you may not understand exactly what they do or how they can help patients with so many different health challenges. Chiropractic medicine seeks to restore balance to the musculoskeletal system by correcting alignment problems within joints. Even a small misalignment, or subluxation, can inhibit joint motion, cause pain and stiffness, and affect the rest of the body's alignment and balance. These problems can then cause everything from muscular strain to pinched nerves. Impaired nerve function is an especially serious problem because disrupted nerve signals can interfere with every system and function in the body.
Chiropractors can correct or prevent this cascade of health woes by gently correcting the positions of joint components. These adjustments are quite safe, even for small children. (In some cases, a popping noise may be heard during the adjustment, but this is only gas escaping from the corrected joint.) Better yet, the corrections allow for more normal muscular and nervous system function, easing pain, systemic health issues, and neurological symptoms.
From Car Crash Injuries to Chronic Pain: Conditions We Treat
Kosak Chiropractic and Acupuncture is happy to serve as your primary care provider for a number of different physical complaints and conditions from car crash injuries to chronic pain. We can help you with:
Back PainBack pain can stem from an acute injury that dislodges spinal components, or it may be due to strained muscles and connective tissues. Pregnancy, weight gain, and age-related degeneration are other factors.
- Sciatica - Sciatica occurs when the sciatic nerve or its major roots become pinched. Bulging discs, herniated discs, spinal stenosis and other conditions can lead to this syndrome. Weakness, numbness, tingling and pain in the leg or foot are the hallmark symptoms.
- Shoulder Pain - Shoulder pain can take the form of a dislocated shoulder, arthritis, rotator cuff injury, chronic tendinitis or bursitis, or a stiffening of the shoulder tissues called adhesive capsulitis. Athletes and workers who overuse their shoulders may be prone to chronic shoulder pain.
- Disc Herniation - A disc herniation is a problem in which the outer casing of a vertebral disc bulges outward and ruptures. This allows the gelatinous inner material to escape. A herniation can put pressure on nearby spinal nerve tissue, causing neurological dysfunction.
- Neck Pain - Neck pain may be due to a cervical spinal misalignment or disc problem, an acute injury, poor posture or repetitive motion injuries. Neck problems often cause additional symptoms such as headaches.
- Pinched Nerve - When a nerve is pinched by a bone spur, bulging disc or swollen soft tissues, it cannot transmit messages normally. This causes a variety of uncomfortable symptoms and motor control problems which may be referred to any point along the nerve pathway.
- Headaches - Tension headaches often begin as neck strain or muscle spasms. Migraine headaches combine nausea, sensory sensitivities and other disabling symptoms with brutal pain.
- Chronic Pain - Chronic pain develops over time and refuses to resolve itself. It may be associated with an untreated musculoskeletal imbalance, overuse of the affected body part, old injuries that haven't healed correctly, and progressive degenerative conditions.
- Carpal Tunnel - Carpal tunnel syndrome occurs when the median nerve in the wrist becomes pinched. Swollen tissues, tendinitis, and repetitive motion can create this painful problem.
- Auto Accident Injuries - Auto accident injuries include whiplash, lumbar subluxation, upper back or rib strain, and shoulder damage. Symptoms may be delayed due to shock.
- Work Injuries - Work injuries may be acute or chronic in nature. They include slip and fall injuries, heavy lifting injuries, and common repetitive motion disorders such as carpal tunnel syndrome.
- Ice and Snow Injuries - A slip onto ice and snow can cause spinal misalignment, a tailbone injury or pinched nerves. They can occur on a ski slope, a skating rink, or even your front porch.
- Upper Back Pain - Upper back pain can be caused by a thoracic spinal misalignment or disc problem. It can also stem from muscle strain or rib subluxation.
- Low Back Pain - Low back pain is associated with pregnancy, obesity, weak back muscles, spinal misalignment, and acute injuries.
Services and Techniques Provided at Your Chiropractor in Omaha
Your Chiropractor in Omaha, Dr. Kevin Kosak, provides holistic healing plans customized to each individual's needs. We take pride on providing our patients with non-surgical and Drug-Free approaches to pain reduction. Our services and techniques include:
- Family Chiropractic - We provide a variety of chiropractic techniques to help every member of the family enjoy optimal comfort and function. Our techniques may even spare you the need for surgery or drugs.
- Pregnancy/Prenatal Care - Pregnancy can present you with some painful physical changes. Our prenatal care is completely safe, very gentle, and highly effective.
- Pediatrics - Children can benefit immensely from chiropractic care. We can treat many childhood ailments and help your child's musculoskeletal system develop properly.
- Acupuncture - Acupuncture uses micro-current and/or needles to stimulate the release of endorphins to ease pain. Acupuncture can also improve nerve function to help you overcome systemic illnesses.
- Work/Auto Injury Rehab - Injured at work or in your car? We can create a personalized rehab program to help you get over your whiplash, sciatica, back pain or other issues.
Get to Know Our Omaha Chiropractor in Omaha
As you can see, our Omaha Chiropractor at Kosak Chiropractic and Acupuncture offers a whole world of important benefits that can help you get well, stay well, get a grip on pain, and maximize your everyday function. It only remains for you to get to know our chiropractor in Omaha. Call our office at (402)-964-0300 or request an appointment online through this website. We look forward to meeting you -- and helping you!