Joint Pain Treatment in Omaha Provided by Dr. Kosak
It’s hard to have much fun in life or to be very productive when moving hurts. Unfortunately, that’s exactly the challenge you must face every day if you struggle with joint pain. Nor are you alone; the number of Americans plagued by severe joint pain has risen to over 15 million. Unfortunately, pain relievers give you nothing more than temporary relief, while the prospect of surgery to fuse a painful joint permanently seems unthinkable to you. That’s why you should turn to Kosak Chiropractic for your joint pain solutions.
Types of Joint Pain and Their Causes
Just as the moving parts in any machine must mesh properly for the machine to work, human joints make use of a number of components to function. Over time, these components can wear down or become chronically irritated, or an acute injury can throw them painfully out of alignment. Examples include:
- Back and neck pain – Back pain often occurs due to bending, lifting, or twisting that strains the muscles or connective tissues. Herniated discs sustained in an injury also cause back pain and nerve impingement. Chronic problems such as degenerative disc diseases and spinal stenosis often lead to back pain. Neck pain has many of the same root causes as back pain. The pain of whiplash is the result of hyperextension and hyperflexion of the neck.
- Knee pain – Knee pain may start with a musculoskeletal imbalance that strains the muscles and ligaments. Overuse injuries such as runner’s knee are also common. Osteoarthritis is an age-related cause of knee pain.
- Shoulder pain – A torn rotator cuff, dislocation, pinched nerves, inflamed tendons, or bursitis can also produce debilitating shoulder pain.
- Ankle pain – Your ankles must support your weight, which makes them vulnerable to conditions such as sprains, strains, and nerve issues like tarsal tunnel syndrome.
- Hand and wrist pain – Hand/wrist pain can be related to carpal tunnel syndrome, arthritis, or tendinitis.
- Elbow pain – Elbow pain frequently stems from tendinitis-related issues (such as golfer’s elbow and tennis elbow).
Treatment Options From Our Omaha Chiropractor
To achieve genuine relief from your joint pain, you need to treat the reason for that pain. Our Omaha chiropractor, Dr. Kosak, does just that. A thorough examination can reveal the exact location and cause of your pain. We can then create a customized treatment plan incorporating tried-and-true conservative techniques such as:
- Chiropractic adjustment – Chiropractic adjustment brings the components of a joint back into proper balance with each other, enabling them to move more smoothly and comfortably. On a larger scale, adjustments to correct your spinal alignment can make weight-bearing joints less subject to unnatural strain and premature wear.
- Acupuncture – Acupuncture has eased joint pain for thousands of years. We can use this ancient modality to normalize nerve function, treat inflammatory conditions, and stimulate your body’s own pain-relieving chemicals.
- Rehabilitation – If you’re coming back from a painful work, auto or sports injury, your joints need all the help they can get to regain normal motion. We can prescribe corrective exercises and other forms of physical rehabilitation to help you conquer your joint pain and ensure normal joint healing.
Why Choose Kosak Chiropractic and Acupuncture?
Kosak Chiropractic & Acupuncture can help you recover from a joint injury or manage chronic joint pain an easy, natural way. Our methods give you a drug-free pain control option that actually treats the underlying issues creating that pain. At the same time, our ability to improve joint function and encourage healing could help you steer clear of the operating room.
Are you ready to stop hurting and start moving again? Schedule an appointment with our Omaha chiropractic clinic by calling (402) 964-0300 today. We want to be your joint pain treatment experts!