Omaha Knee Pain Treatment
In, Omaha, knee pain treatment is a very common procedure as knee pain is one of the most common reasons why people seek the help of a trained healthcare professional. The possible causes of seeking knee pain treatment are going to vary from a mild knee bruise or strain to a severe ligament tear, such as an ACL tear. Making the right diagnosis is critical to helping someone with their knee pain relief.
Our Doctor has found that it is important for everyone to understand the possible symptoms, causes, and knee pain treatment that could be prescribed. There are several common causes of knee pain of which people should be aware of.
Possible Causes of Knee Pain
There are several common causes of knee pain. Some of these include:
- A knee bruise, which happens if someone strikes their knee on a hard surface
- Chronic conditions such as arthritis or gout can also lead to knee pain
- A knee sprain or strain can develop following a sudden jerking or twisting motion of the knee
- If this jerking or twisting motion is combined with contact to the knee, ligament tear could also develop.
- Sports Injuries
These causes of knee pain will present with different symptoms.
The Symptoms of Knee Pain
Knee pain symptoms are going to present in different ways depending on the cause. Some of the most common symptoms include:
- Pain that gets worse with movement, particularly with weight-bearing
- A possible laxity in the knee, manifesting as an increased range of motion either back and forth or side to side
- Possible redness or swelling in the knee
- Some individuals might even describe a popping sensation in the knee
A popping sensation could indicate a possible ligament tear in the knee.
Possible Ligament Tears in the Knee
The ligaments of the knee are responsible for making sure that the knee does not move too far in one direction or the other. Possible ligament tears include:
- An ACL tear occurs when someone makes abrupt contact with the knee while planting it to change direction. The ACL prevents the top of the knee from sliding too far forward.
- A PCL tear takes place when contact is made with the front, bottom part of the knee. The PCL is supposed to make sure that the bottom of the knee does not slide too far backward.
- The MCL and LCL are on the inside and outside of the knee, respectively. These ligaments make sure that the knee does not slide too far from side to side.
Some ligaments tears will require surgery while others can be treated with physical therapy.
Knee Pain Treatment in Omaha
If you are looking for knee pain treatment in Omaha, your treatment options are going to depend on the cause(s) of the pain. Some of the possible treatments our doctor provides include:
- Conservative treatment with rest, ice, heat, and over the counter pain medications for very mild conditions such as knee bruises or overuse injuries.
- Some individuals who have been diagnosed with a knee sprain might need to place their knee in a brace to immobilize it while it heals.
- Some ligaments tears can be treated with physical therapy and rehabilitation. Avoiding surgery is possible in some situations, particularly those who have been diagnosed with an incomplete tear.
- In other situations, surgery might be required to repair a torn knee ligament. This is particularly true in athletes who wish to return to competitive play.
A trained healthcare provider, like Dr. Kosak, can help someone find the right treatment for their knee pain.
Trust an Experienced and Caring Chiropractor
If you are suffering from knee pain, these frustrating symptoms can make it hard to get out of bed, take the stairs, or even walk to the mailbox. That is why it is important to seek the help of an experienced chiropractor. At Kosak Chiropractic and Acupuncture, our doctor is trained to provide numerous healthcare services, that can help everyone with knee pain relief.
Those who are in search of knee pain treatment in the Omaha, Nebraska area should reach out to us today to make an appointment. Please call our office at (402) 964-0300 or visit our website to schedule an appointment. Our compassionate healthcare providers would be happy to help your entire family with your healthcare needs.