The last thing you want to do about shoulder pain is to suffer through countless surgeries and bottles of pain killers. At Kosak Chiropractic and Acupuncture in Omaha, Nebraska, we provide patients with all-natural, non-invasive pain relief for shoulder pain. We treat sports injuries, car crash injuries, and herniated discs in the upper spine causing shoulder pain. Discover the typical causes of shoulder pain along with ways we treat this as one of the leading Omaha chiropractors for families.
Understanding Shoulder Pain
Your shoulders are made up of joints, tendons, and muscles all connected to your musculoskeletal system. Whenever there is a misalignment in the bones or tissue in the shoulder, this creates inflammation. The swelling from this inflammation presses against nerves and pushes other muscles out of position. As a result, most people suffering from a shoulder injury or shoulder pain lose some or all mobility in the shoulder, which is called capsulitis.or adhesive
Causes of Shoulder Pain
Shoulder pain can be caused by trauma, and injury, or repetitive use. Infections and nerve problems can also lead to shoulder pain. Examples of theseinclude:
- Arthritis including osteoarthritis caused by sports injuries
- Tendinitis ranging from acute to chronic inflammation in the tendon of the shoulder
- , which may be accompanied by rotator cuff tendinitis
- Shoulder instability that leads to shoulder dislocations or subluxation
- Bone fractures within the collarbone, upper arm bone, and/or shoulder blade
- Poor posture leading to
- Auto accident injury resulting in whiplash and lower neck pain affecting the shoulder
- Sports injuries including traumatic injuries and personal injuries
- Repetitive use syndrome
- Rotator cuff injury or tennis shoulder
- Tendon tears, typically caused by repetitive use, overuse, or advanced aging
Symptoms of Sprained and Strained Shoulders
Speaking of tendon tears,include:
- Pain in the shoulder
- Swollen shoulder muscles
- Bruising at the area associated with swelling and pain
- Loss of mobility in the shoulder, i.e., you can’t lift your arm like usual
- Frozen shoulder
- Muscle spasms, which are associated with strained muscles
- Hearing a popping sound when injuring your shoulder, which is associated with a sprained shoulder and a
If you are suffering from any type of shoulder pain or have injured your shoulder, treatment from Omaha chiropractors is a recommended solution.
Diagnosing Shoulder Pain in Omaha
When we see patients who have we start by getting to the root of the injury or condition. By understanding what is causing your pain we can help resolve it naturally using chiropractic adjustments, massage therapy, and acupuncture.at our Omaha chiropractor,
We provide a comprehensive, personalized treatment plan following a detailed analysis of a patient’s medical history and physical condition. From here, you begin your chiropractic treatment to relieve your shoulder pain and treat your shoulder injury.
Treating Shoulder Pain at Our Chiropractic Doctor
At our chiropractic doctor in Omaha, we specialize in all-natural treatments that do not involve medications or surgery. For shoulder pain our treatments include:
- Chiropractic adjustments to realign the musculoskeletal system
- Acupuncturefor shoulder pain
- Posture screening to correct poor posture
- Corrective exercises to strengthen back and shoulder muscles
- Lifestyle changes, such as exercise recommendations or ergonomic practices
In addition, we provide chiropractic adjustments to realign your musculoskeletal system. This ensures your shoulder muscles, tendons, joints, and bones are all in the proper position. This is also the first step in helping to improve your shoulder condition. Once your spine and shoulder are in the right alignment, we can proceed with treating the injury at the source.
Benefits of chiropractic treatments for shoulder pain include:
- No downtime after a chiropractic adjustment or acupuncture treatment
- No prescription medications or over the counter drugs
- No invasive methods including exploratory shoulder surgery
- Increased circulation of blood to aid in healing
- A boost of endorphins with acupuncture provides all-natural pain relief
- Improvement of your overall health and well being
Treating Your Shoulder Pain in Omaha, NE
Our Omaha chiropractor, Dr. Kevin Kosak treats patients of all ages. We are the leading pediatric chiropractor treating infants, children, and teenagers in the Omaha metro area. Specifically, at Kosak Chiropractic and Acupuncture, we treat patients living in:
- West Omaha
Dr. Kosak is also a chiropractor for pregnant and nursing mothers, offering all-natural prenatal pain relief. Are you experiencing joint pain in the shoulder associated with your pregnancy? Now is the time to get chiropractic care to relieve your pain. We also work with athletes and sports professionals who have endured rotator cuff injuries or traumatic sports injuries leading to shoulder pain.
To schedule your chiropractic appointment for shoulder pain, contact Kosak Chiropractic and Acupuncture at 402-964-0300. When you call in, ask about our free chiropractic consultation for all of our new patients.