Pregnancy and Prenatal Chiropractic Care in Omaha
Pregnancy is a time when your body is functioning at its best. You are using your energy to sustain the life of your baby so your body is operating at top levels. This blessed event, however, often comes with unexpected discomfort and pain. Dr. Kevin Kosak and the wellness team at Kosak Chiropractic and Acupuncture, provide gentle treatments to keep you feeling pain-free.
We want you to focus your energy on healthy eating, daily exercise and remaining peaceful as you begin this new phase of life. Let us show you how chiropractic care can help with pregnancy discomforts so you are able to remain positive and physically active. Our Omaha chiropractor, Dr. Kevin Kosak, uses a variety of techniques to help you from conception through birth to maintain your health and the health of your baby. Chiropractic care throughout pregnancy in Omaha is designed to work with you as your body changes and eliminate future concerns or lasting discomfort.
Is Chiropractic Care Safe for Pregnancy?
We get this question a lot, but yes! Chiropractic care poses no threat to the mother or baby during pregnancy. We use gentle adjustment techniques and other supporting treatments that are all safe for the baby and good for your body. Because we are helping your body function better, the baby will benefit too. Our adjustments can even help with getting a breech baby into the correct position for labor. Come visit us and find out why chiropractic care can be so helpful in supporting you during your pregnancy.
Pregnancy is an exciting time, but it’s also a very uncomfortable time for most women. As the body grows to accommodate the growing baby inside the womb, the joints, ligaments, and muscles are often strained. Because your body is working hard to produce everything needed to support the small baby, your body may experience a wide range of symptoms that are uncomfortable. Your body is also trying to prepare for labor, which can be difficult when you feel your energy is zapped by all of the changes.
Chiropractic care in pregnancy allows expecting mothers to relax and find relief from these symptoms. As your Omaha chiropractor, Dr. Kosak will help with sciatica, back, hip or joint pain you might be experiencing. We can help reduce the degree of morning sickness, fatigue, and stress.
Chiropractic Care for Pregnancy Symptoms in Omaha
Chiropractic care will help you during pregnancy by adjusting the parts of your body that may be struggling with the changes. As your abdomen changes to accommodate the baby, you may experience back pain. Your pelvis will also change in preparation for labor, which may give you a lot of hip pain. While some symptoms may feel directly related to nerve, ligament or muscle problems, the causes of other symptoms may seem harder to pinpoint. We treat everything from extremity numbness or weakness to nausea. There are a lot of common symptoms women experience when pregnant that can be helped with chiropractic care:
- Back pain
- Hip pain
- Morning sickness
- Acid reflux
- Joint pain
- Breech baby
- Extremity numbness or weakness
- Pinched nerves
If you have struggled with any of the above prior to pregnancy, your symptoms may flare up during this time. Our chiropractic care for pregnant women addresses these concerns and others, so please let Dr. Kosak evaluate your symptoms and develop a prenatal chiropractic care plan for you. We immediately show you how chiropractic care can help with pregnancy by providing a reduction in your pain and stress. Dr. Kosak uses gentle adjustments to position your joints and spine for comfortable movement and nerve signal flow. You feel an increase in circulation, a reduction in swelling and pain and the ability to return to your physical activities.
Prenatal chiropractic care is a natural, drug-free way to lessen your pain as it works with your body’s own healing abilities. You do not have to fear the side effects of medication on yourself or your baby. Instead, you feel an increased sense of energy and wellness. Dr. Kosak may also suggest “needle-less” or electric acupuncture to improve your energy flow and reduce your discomfort.
Chiropractic Solutions for Expecting Mothers in Omaha
When you come to see us at Kosak Chiropractic and Acupuncture, you will first get a consultation appointment. We will determine what services are best for helping you with your pregnancy. Our chiropractic team will be able to help you find the comfort and improved energy you need to feel good during your pregnancy.
- Chiropractic Adjustments– We can align your spine to improve the balance of your body. Alignments allow your nerves to operate without hindrance and improves the relationship of your joints and extremities. Alignment will often help with pinched nerves, lower back pain, extremity numbness and will even reduce feelings of stress. When your body feels more in sync, you will feel more relaxed and comfortable.
- Acupuncture – Using tiny needles without any pain, or a needle-free microcurrent, we can pinpoint areas in the body where stress needs to be released. This ancient form of treatment has been safely working for centuries to bring relief to those who may be experiencing nausea, headaches, stress, fatigue, dizziness and more.
- Dieting and Nutrition – Pregnancy is one of the hardest times to eat well because your body may have strange cravings or rejections. Some days you might not feel like eating at all, while others you may want to only eat big pretzels and ice cream. We can help get you the supplements and nutritional meal plans you need to support your pregnancy. We focus on increasing your nutrition so your body is getting the good things it needs to be empowered and energized.
- Stretching and Exercise – While it may feel like pregnancy is a huge hindrance to your physical activity, you will want to stay active in preparation for labor. We can help you with gentle exercises and stretches that will support your chiropractic adjustments and help you get into shape as your body changes.
Contact our Omaha Chiropractor for Prenatal Chiropractic Care
Dr. Kosak and the Kosak Chiropractic team congratulate you on your pregnancy and your desire to naturally improve your health. If your pregnancy has left you feeling tired, stressed, in pain or with headaches, let Dr. Kosak examine you to determine if a vertebra is out of alignment and contributing to your discomfort. After a gentle adjustment to position your spine, you feel an immediate sense of relief. As your pregnancy continues, Dr. Kosak is able to immediately address any new concerns and help you remain healthy and without pain. To schedule your appointment, please call us today at (402) 964-0300